It is not enough to cut down trees. There are still stumps to be removed. The easiest part is cutting down or sawing down trees. If you have to remove the stump, it’s another story.
There are many factors that will affect the cost of stump removal, such as whether you hire someone to do it or if you do it yourself. Learn about the fees and costs involved in removing stumps. Learn more about stump removal costs in our cost guide.
It costs $60-$350 to remove a stump depending on its size. The average stump removal cost is between $2-$3 per in. You could spend $75-$150 to do it yourself.
DIY Stump Removing vs Professional Stump Removing
It is up to you to decide whether to hire someone to remove the stump, or if you prefer to do it yourself. Although it may seem like there is little difference between renting or hiring a stump grinder, the truth is that there are significant differences. The final cost of renting or hiring a stump grinder can be affected by many small but important factors. It’s important that you remember that time is money. If you need the job done quickly, a professional stump removal is a cost-effective choice.
Professional Stump Removal Prices
The average price for professional stump removal in the United States costs $165. The process usually takes about an hour. Professional companies may use different criteria to determine the price.
- Per Inch – The cost to remove a stump depends on its diameter. Most companies charge $100 minimum.
- Total number of stumps Many companies offer price breaks to customers who have more than one stump. The price for removing a stump can be as low as $100 to $150, or $30 to $50 for each additional stump.
- Clearing Land – You will be charged an hourly fee if you need large amounts of land or lots of stumps. Customers usually pay $150 per hour. You may be charged according to the average diameter of the stumps that need to be removed. If there are 200 stumps with a diameter of 12 inches or more, 2400 inches is the minimum required. At $2 per inch, you will be charged $4800
The cost of professional stump removal services can be affected by many factors
- Stump Diameter – Larger diameters equal higher prices.
- Age of the Stump – Older stumps are more likely to become rotten and are therefore easier to remove.
- Equipment Damage – Soil Conditions – Rocky soils can cause equipment to be damaged. You could be charged more
- Different types of tree stumps – There are different kinds of stumps.
- Root System – Stumps that have fewer root stumps are more expensive to remove than stumps with extensive root systems.
- Cleaning – If you need to grind the stump up, you will pay more.
This post was written by a professional arborist at www.arborwisetreeservices.com. Robert Miller is the owner of Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care, a locally owned and operated tree service company that offers superb lawn care by the most experienced Arborists. Arborwise Tree Services is a tree removal company that offers stump removal, tree pruning, stump grinding, fertilization, and tree restoration. We have an extraordinary lawn care industry notoriety covering the Pinellas county area.